Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of California Riverside, 2018
- B.S. in Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China, 2013
Solid/liquid interface and theoretical electrochemistry.
Current projects include:
Capacitive deionization, electrochemical interface, energy storage and theoretical electro-catalysis.
Selected recent publications:
- C. Zhan and P.R.C. Kent et al., “Computational Discovery and Design of MXenes for Energy Applications: Status, Successes and Opportunities,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 11, 24885 (2019).
- C. Zhan, and D. Jiang el al., “Computational Screening of MXene Electrodes for Pseudocapacitive Energy Storage,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 123, 315 (2019).
- C. Zhan and T.A. Pham et al., “Origins and Implications of Interfacial Capacitance Enhancements in C60-Modified Graphene Supercapacitors,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 10, 36860 (2018).
- C. Zhan and D. Jiang et al., “Understanding the MXene Pseudocapacitance,” J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 9, 1223 (2018).
- C. Zhan, and D. Jiang et al., “Computational Insights into Materials and Interfaces for Capacitive Energy Storage,” Advanced Science 4, 170059 (2017).
- C. Zhan, D. Jiang et al., “Computational insight into the capacitive performance of graphene edge planes,” Carbon 116, 278 (2017).
- C. Zhan, and D. Jiang et al., “Boron Supercapacitors,” ACS Energy Letters 1, 1241 (2016).
- C. Zhan, and D. Jiang, “Understanding the pseudocapacitance of RuO2 from joint density functional theory,”
Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 28, 464004 (2016).
- C. Zhan, and D. Jiang, “Contribution of Dielectric Screening to the Total Capacitance of Few-Layer Graphene Electrodes,” J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 7, 789 (2016).
- C. Zhan, and D. Jiang el al., “Enhancing graphene capacitance by nitrogen: effects of doping configuration and concentration,” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 18, 4668 (2016).
- C. Zhan, and D. Jiang el al., “Quantum Effects on the Capacitance of Graphene-Based Electrodes,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 119, 22297 (2015).