Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Ph.D. 8/2011-8/2016, Earth and Planetary Science, University of California, Berkeley, USA (Advisors: Burkhard Militzer and Raymond Jeanloz)
- M.S. 9/2008-7/2011, Condensed Matter Physics, Peking University, China (Advisor: Jun-jie Shi)
- B.S. 9/2004-7/2008, Optical Infomation Science and Technology, Harbin Institute of Technology, China (Advisor: Gui-xin Tang)
- State-of-the-art Quantum Monte Carlo simulations of transition metal oxides
- First-principles equation of state, shock compression, and structure investigation of dense plasmas
CPSFM all-hands meeting, Argonne National Lab, 2017 (poster)
APS March Meeting, Baltimore, 2016 (talk);
APS March Meeting, New Orleans, 2017 (talk);
LLNL Postdoc Poster Symposium, Livermore, 2017 (poster);
Telluride School on Stochastic Approaches to Electronic Structure Calculations, Telluride, 2017 (poster).
Selected publications: (Total number of published papers: 15; H-index: 8; More complete record can be found at: Google Scholar)
- Shuai Zhang, Kevin Driver, François Soubiran, Burkhard Militzer, "First-principles Equation of State and Shock Compression Predictions of Warm Dense Hydrocarbons", Phys. Rev. E 96, 013204 (2017) (also see arXiv: physics.plasm-ph).
- Shuai Zhang, Kevin Driver, François Soubiran, Burkhard Militzer, "Equation of state and shock compression of warm dense sodium---A first-principles study", J. Chem. Phys. 146, 074505 (2017) (also see arXiv: astro-ph.SR).
- Yabin Chen#, Shuai Zhang#, Feng Ke# (co-first author), Changhyun Ko, Sangwook Lee, Kai Liu, Bin Chen, Joel Ager, Raymond Jeanloz, Volker Eyert, and Junqiao Wu, "Pressure-Temperature Phase Diagram of Vanadium Dioxide", Nano Lett. 17, 2512–2516 (2017).
- Yabin Chen#, Shuai Zhang# (co-first author), Weiwei Gao, Feng Ke, Jinyuan Yan, Bivas Saha, Changhyun Ko, Joonki Suh, Bin Chen, Joel Ager, Waldek Walukiewicz, Raymond Jeanloz, and Junqiao Wu, "Hydrostatic pressure induced structural phase transition in CdxZn1-xO alloys", App. Phys. Lett. 108, 152105 (2016).
- Shuai Zhang, Sanne Cottaar, Tao Liu, Stephen Stackhouse, Burkhard Militzer, "High-pressure, temperature elasticity of Fe- and Al-bearing MgSiO3: implications for the Earth's lower mantle", Earth Planet. Sci. Lett. 434, 264-273 (2016) (also see arXiv: physics.geo-ph).
- Shuai Zhang, Hugh Wilson, Kevin Driver, Burkhard Militzer, "H4O and other hydrogen-oxygen compounds at giant-planet core pressures", Phys. Rev. B 87, 024112 (2013) (also see arXiv: cond-mat).
- Shuai Zhang, Jun-jie Shi, Min Zhang, Mao Yang, Jia Li, "First-principles investigation on optical properties of GaN and InGaN alloys", J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 44, 495304 (2011).
- Jun-jie Shi, Shuai Zhang, Mao Yang, Shang-guo Zhu, Min Zhang, "Light emission from several-atom In-N clusters in wurtzite Ga-rich InGaN alloys and InGaN/GaN strained quantum wells", Acta Materialia 59, 2773 (2011).
- Shuai Zhang, Jun-jie Shi, Shang-guo Zhu, Fei Wang, Mao Yang, Zhi-qiang Bao, "Indium distribution and light emission in wurtzite InGaN alloys: Several-atom In-N clusters", Phys. Lett. A 374, 4767 (2010).
- Burkhard Militzer, Shuai Zhang, "Ab initio Simulations of Novel Superionic H2O, H2O2, and H9O4 Compounds", Phys. Rev. B (Submitted).